The Acquisition Specialist is responsible for executing procurement of products with MRO and Leidos financial systems including small purchases, Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs), Government Purchase Card, and GSA schedule contracts.
The Acquisition Specialist will work with the technical team, vendors, and OA to ensure that all materials are procured in a timely manner and will work with the financial manager to ensure that invoices are paid on time.
This position is a full time responsibility that will be located at the main on-site Alliance Facility.
• Supports all aviation support programs, including maintenance and modification programs, to ensure the procurement of aircraft maintenance products does not delay scheduled aircraft maintenance
• Selects and manages materials, services, and subcontracted support and obtains supplies and services required in the scope of this contract
• Ensures all procurement and vendor selection is documented and that records are maintained
• Located at the main on-site Alliance Facility; the acquisition team will have demonstrated experience with FAR-simplified procurement methods, including small purchases, blanket purchase agreements (BPAs), Government Purchase Card, and GSA schedule contracts, and will comply with applicable FAR guidelines, supplemented by applicable DOJ regulations and other applicable standards and regulations
• The acquisition specialist is accountable for ensuring that the directives are followed as part of the purchasing and subcontracting processes; this individual is also authorized to negotiate subcontracts and to act in the contract negotiator role to negotiate and manage government contracts
• Support personnel on the acquisition team include two acquisition specialists
Must have four (4) plus years of formal contracting experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulations.
Demonstrated experience with competitive negotiation through the Source Selection Process.