The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Test Engineer, BAT-A (Biometrics Automated Toolset-Army) with a DoD Top Secret clearance,located in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. You will support the CECOM Software Engineering Center contract performing Transition and Post Production Software Sustainment for the Biometrics Automated Toolset-Army (BAT-A) system.
In this role, you will report to the Leidos BAT-A Technical Lead at the BAT-A Software Engineering Environment in APG, MD. In this role, you will perform computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product. Expertise in testing military software applications and operating systems is required.
-Test software applications and operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications;
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental test procedures and test plans for new and/or modified products or product components;
- Ability to debug and review software source code for software applications, and operating systems written in Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#, .NET, and XML;
- Develop and enhance software tools, automated test tools, simulators, and emulators;
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel;
- Create or modify existing documentation supporting software design, software implementation, test plans, test reports and user documentation
Basic Job Qualifications
-A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in Electronics Engineering, or any other Scientific, or Technical discipline with 5+ years of demonstrated experience in software and test engineering
- Ability to work 5 days per week, on site, at Aberdeen Proving Ground
- Possess and maintain a DoD Top Secret level of Clearance
- Ability to write, interpret, and execute test procedures, test plans, system requirements specifications, and software requirements verification cross reference matrix
- Experience performing software coding with Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#, .NET, or XML
- Experience with MS Windows 7, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, MS .NET Framework 4, MS Visual Studio, IBM Rational System Architect, and VMware
- Experience and knowledge of hardware functionality and the relationships with software.
- Interest in, or experience with Software Configuration Management
- Security + or similar certification a plus
- Understanding of US Military Biometrics, Sensor and Surveillance Systems, or other US Military Experience
- Excellent oral, and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, and/or in a team environment.
*External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel