The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD for an Embedded Software Engineer who has experience with the Long Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System, and possesses a DoD SECRET clearance. In this position, you will support the CECOM Software Engineering Center support contract, performing Post Production Software Sustainment for the Long Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3).
In this role, you will perform design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software and embedded software programs for enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products. Duties include software requirements analysis, development of software products and software tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms.
- Design, develop, and maintain embedded software for a variety of engineering applications in C, C++, and Assembler languages;
- Develop and enhance software tools, simulators, and interfaces;
- Design, develop, and test embedded operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications;
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components;
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel;
- Use UML modeling tools to perform software code evaluations; and
- Create or modify existing documentation supporting software design, software implementation, test plans, test reports and user documentation
Basic Job Qualifications
-A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical Discipline with 4+ years of demonstrated experience in software engineering.
- Ability to work 5 days per week, on site, at Aberdeen Proving Ground
- Possess and maintain a DoD SECRET level of clearance
- Experience performing software coding with C, C++, and Assembler
- Experience using UML Modeling Tools, such as Rhapsody, and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience and knowledge of hardware functionality and the relationships with software.
- Interest in, or experience with Software Configuration Management
- Security + or similar certification
- Understanding of US Military Sensor and Surveillance Systems or other US Military Experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment.
- Experience with Ada a plus.
*External Referral Eligible