Leidos has a career opportunity for an Air Defense Analyst supporting United States Air Forces Central Command (USAFCENT) at Shaw Air Force Base (AFB) in Sumter, South Carolina. Candidates must possess a current TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered. The Air Defense Analyst provides support and services for multi-source Integrated Air Defense System (IADS) analysis and intelligence reporting for the 20 countries in the United States Central Command (USCENTCOM) Area of Responsibility (AOR). The analyst supports assessments for contingency planning as required.
As the principal analyst and senior subject matter expert (SME) on Adversary Air Defense and ELINT integration, the analyst shall provide:
- Expert analytic support through the authoring and critical review of adversary Air Defense related products, ensuring an emphasis on potential implications to AFCENT plans and/or operations, or USAF and ally aircrew training.
- Critical oversight of training on predictive and forensic analysis of adversary lethal and non-lethal Air Defense systems, including command and control, air surveillance and early warning, battle management, surface-to-air missile systems, air defense artillery, electronic warfare, and denial and deception.
- Serve as the senior air-defense-advisor to AFCENT Technical Analysis Teams (CENTAT), providing analytic oversight and quality control to bi-annual CENTAT working groups. CENTAT reports comprise the backbone of the USAF's Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures Manual 3-1, directly impacting how the USAF "trains to fight."
- Expert analytic support to AFCENT planning, authoring and reviewing prioritized intelligence and production requirements, intelligence estimates, and annexes and appendices. Analyst will serve as the adversary Air Defense authority on AFCENT's Red Team, during war-gaming and exercises, which support AFCENT's adaptive planning processes.
The Air Defense Analyst represents USAFCENT/A2 at national/international conferences and forums. Provides support to all source theater/national collection requirements. Creates and presents briefings on a wide variety of intelligence products to general officers and senior government officials.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8 years' of related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts/Science, or a related field (in lieu of education, four years of additional, relevant experience may be considered equivalent)
- Formal DoD intelligence school graduate
- Ability to work on several simultaneous tasks, reacting constructively to new and changing intelligence requirements
- High level of self-motivation, productiveness and personal organization
- Ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS for short TDY assignments
- TS/SCI Clearance required on day one
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, be customer service oriented and possess demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years' experience specializing in CENTCOM AOR
- In depth understanding of relationship between Joint Staff, Joint Commands, Major Commands, Task Forces, and national / service intelligence agencies
- Demonstrated familiarity with Air Operations Center (AOC) activities and functions