Leidos is seeking a talented Cyber Security Intern, located in our Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD office.
The internship involves the following tasks:
- Utilizing compliance and vulnerability security scan tools (e.g. ACAS, SCC), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), NIST RMF workflows and processes
- Generate and analyzes security scan tool reports and reports to customer and company leadership
- Develop technical and written solutions to cyber security vulnerabilities (e.g. AD Group Policy, Local Security Policy, Windows/Unix scripts, documented mitigations)
- Develop technical and programmatic assessments, evaluates engineering and integration initiatives and provides technical support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Support engineers of other disciplines in the security posture of products
- Assist Information Security Systems Manager (ISSM) in the development and maintenance of multiple accreditation packages
- Contribute to pre, peri, and post Authority to Operate (ATO) assessments
- Assist with other IA compliance activities as directed by supervisor
- Candidate must be pursuing degree in cyber security engineering or related information technology field.
- Must have ability to obtain Secret Clearance- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Previous information technology experience
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. ACAS, SCC, Nessus)
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with developing and integrating Active Directory Group Policy, Local Security Policy, and Windows scripts
- Knowledge of virtualization architectures (VMWare, Citrix, Hyper-V)
- Knowledge and detailed experience with NIST RMF SP 800-53
- Proficient with MS Office products to include Visio
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills when working as part of a team and capable of working independently when required
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: