The Crew Chief will be qualified maintenance personnel who meet all non-rated crew requirements. These non-rated crew
personnel function as Crew Chiefs. They will be trained to accomplish the following duties:
• Passenger and Cargo Load Coordinators
• Flight Attendant Duties
• Aircraft Servicing and Maintenance Support
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
The Crew Chiefs' duties include, but is not limited to:
• Properly executes duties assigned
• Functions as a non-rated crew member and meets all qualifications
• Functions in multiple roles, including serving as passenger and cargo load coordinator, performing flight attendant duties,
and supporting aircraft servicing and maintenance
• Properly records the work performed in the appropriate flight and maintenance records
• Performs all other duties assigned by the AMM
• Requires high school diploma
• Valid mechanic certificate issued by the FAA with both airframe and power plant ratings
• "Persons serving as Crew Chief shall hold a valid mechanic certificate issued by the FAA with both airframe and power
plant ratings. The Crew Chief shall have a minimum of seven (7) years' experience as a fixed-wing aircraft mechanic
with two (2) of the seven years' experience maintaining the aircraft supported. This position shall be located at the
Alliance Facility. The Crew Chiefs shall have current factory authorized maintenance and flight attendant training. The
Crew Chiefs' duties shall include, but is not limited to:
• A. Fly on all aircraft missions as a flight crew member in the positions of Crew Chief and Flight Attendant.
• B. Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
• C. Troubleshoot and repair aircraft, engine and systems discrepancies.
• D. Reconfigure aircraft cargo/passenger configurations as required.
• E. Clean aircraft and service lavatory.
• F. Fuel aircraft.
• G. Load, secure and unload cargo.
• H. And all duties as detailed in the DEA Aviation Operations Handbook and/or SOP.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: