The Quality Assurance Analyst performs analysis of scheduled and unscheduled inspections, performs analyses of MRO data on
aircraft status, supply repairs status to establish trends and identify areas for process improvements. Works with maintenance leads
and quality control inspectors to identify corrective actions and track progress and effectiveness of implementing the corrective
Responsibilities' of the Quality Assurance Analyst include:
• Performs corrective action tracking
• Analyses the effectiveness of actions taken
• Develops feedback recommendations for the QAM to provide to TAOMSS staff
• Monitors the corrective action system to:
o Detect trends that require action
o Identify opportunities for improvement
o Verify that corrections are complete and commensurate with anticipates results
• Develops and provides reports about corrective action plans and status in accordance with the Safety Management
System (SMS) and Quality Control Plan (QCP), as required
• Monitors SMS and QCP and analyses effectiveness of results in addressing the root cause to prevent any recurrence of
• Performs all other duties assigned by the AQM
- The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for the analysis and reporting of all data collected through the Continuing Analysis and
- Survelliance Sustem (CASS).
- The Quality Assurance Analyst prepares metrics and trend analysis reports for use by the management team. gets
- monthly report together. The Analyst shall have 3 to 5 years of experience in a quality control program and implementation.
- Must be able to enter, analyze, and report data required for planning, scheduling aircraft maintenance activities.