Are you ready for your next mission? If so, consider the Leidos team! This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a team of highly trained and a talented professionals.
The Systems Administrator will be a key part of the IT team supporting the ARIES contract and will be responsible for physical and virtual server operations & maintenance, storage area network support, basic and advanced Active Directory tasks, and troubleshooting on server, network, and desktop systems & office automation in support of the Service Desk. This position will be based at Ft. Bragg, NC.
- Install, administer, and maintain Windows servers, desktops, and laptops as part of the overall systems architecture across multiple networks and locations; strong understanding of and experience with Active Directory
- Install, administer and maintain virtual environments (VMware 6.5) and physical hosts
- Install, administer and maintain storage devices (NetApp) across multiple locations
- Utilize physical inspection and GUI-based and/or command line tools (especially PowerShell) to troubleshoot basic to complex systems hardware, software, and configuration issues with systems, networks, Active Directory.
- Develop, implement, and manage disaster recovery and COOP plans, systems, and operations in coordination with the Network team and other organizations
- Basic network troubleshooting in support of the datacenter and workstation/LAN connectivity
- Work with teammates as needed to document service structure, network, and server/storage architecture and ensure data security and availability for customers both local and deployed across multiple regions
- Collect, review, and store server log files to identify and remediate system issues
- Document system configurations using Visio, PowerPoint, Word, or other tools and propose, defend, and implement system changes; coordinate & assist cybersecurity personnel and teammates with system accreditation efforts
- Apply security patches, IAVAs, STIGS, and updates (including operating system updates) for all assigned systems
- Assist Service Desk technicians as needed with Tier I and Tier II troubleshooting and patching of desktop systems, software (MS Office, Java, Adobe, etc), printer issues, and server/network related issues
- Mentor, lead, and train junior technicians as directed; fill in for site lead as needed/directed.
- Participate in or lead special projects and day‐to‐day operations as needed or assigned by the site lead, including surging to alternate locations for customer requirements or to backfill personnel during R&R or other absences
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of related experience. Additional years of experience may serve in lieu of a degree
- Experience managing a Virtualization solutions such as VMware and with deploying Windows Server 2008 R2 & 2012 R2
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Willingness to work as part of a team, both as member or as a leader
- Ability to maintain workload in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level II, such as Security+CE
- Currently possess MCSA: Windows Server 2012 or MCSA: Windows Server 2016
- Currently possess MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- ITILv3 certification.