Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Configuration Management (CM) Technician. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
The CM Analyst will provide support to the Operational Engineer (OE) Service Delivery Manager (SDM) as a member of the Configuration Management (CM) team. The primary role of the CM team is to ensure data accuracy within the Configuration Management Database (CMDB). The daily roles focus around our primary mission goals of our Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP) and resolving data discrepancies, processing and compliance issues with both internal and external customers. The team member will orchestrate, plan, report, and perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation and other similar technical activities required to operate and maintain the DISA Network Operations Configuration Management Database (CMDB). Responsibilities include technical planning, system integration, and to further improve CMDB data and processes across DISA.
• Monitor, track, and control the configuration of assigned Network Operations (NetOps) infrastructure including hardware, software, inter-connecting transport facilities and ancillary devices identified by network or system that is network-facing, DISN managed and within the control of GSM-O.
• Identification, audit, control, and status tracking and reporting.
• Maintain the CMDB containing DISA-provided DODIN services network and system CM data (to include "baseline data" used in conjunction with the CMDB) to support resource allocation, capacity planning, networks/system modeling, and other planning activities.
• Maintain and monitor all applicable Configuration Items (CIs) to include objects, instances, their attributes, and the relationships among the CIs to effectively deliver services to the customers.
• Update and audit CMDB data repositories and tools as appropriate.
• Interface with other network management and systems that support operations to collect and verify network/system data in support of the CM functions.
• Verify that updates to the CM data are completed within the appropriate amount of time as determined by the contract.
• Provide CM related data and planning support to other network management functions and operational support systems.
• Prepare reports using Microsoft, Oracle, and other products as required.
• Extract and analyze very large volume of data covering a wide range of information from user profile to change history.
• Communicate project status accurately and in a timely manner. Ensure that projects adhere to established standards and methodology practices.
• Develop scripts for mass updates to CMDB. Use outside data sources such as excel, or csv files to import information to avoid manual input.
• Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s) in positive ways.
• Compile and maintain all CM documentation in support of operational CM functions.
• Requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
• Basic knowledge and experience with Configuration Management to include database knowledge, network device configuration, and network topologies
• Working knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
• Basic understanding of network services and architecture
• Knowledge of data manipulation language such as SQL, Oracle databases, and Access.
• Currently possesses an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
• Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology related discipline.
External Referral Eligible