Leidos Defense & Intelligence Group is currently seeking expertise to transform and build an end-to-end national-level security environment using DevOps to integrate,
develop, test, deploy, maintain, and operate, multiple systems on traditional and cloud platforms in Reston and Tysons, VA.
The Systems Engineer role provides technical expertise, planning design, development, and integration, verification and validations and fielding across an Agile team
to ensure system application requirements and user stories are ready for implementation. This role supports software systems development, including
documenting system application requirements, system interfaces, and data sources; and, supporting technical planning, development, integration, and verification and validation.
This role refines customer roadmaps, enterprise epics, and strategic requirements into detailed requirements and actionable user stories to be delivered by the entire team.
This role coordinates with the Scrum Master to prioritize user stories that realize customer requirements.
Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
across multiple agile teams
- Lead technical
planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration,
verification and validation, and fielding
alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total
systems; resolve highly complex multi-domain systems issues
- Perform systems
requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies,
requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management,
integration, system testing, and quality assurance
- Rotate role
from O&M to Dev Ops and vice versa as required for Agile processes
- Perform system
prototyping of features through hands-on design and development implementation
automation tasks through scripting and testing
- Work closely with developers and
infrastructure team to document user story backlog in provided tool
- Masters Degree and 15 years prior relevant work experience. Additional years of work experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Experience directing and controlling activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that
technical requirements are met.
- Experience interfacing with and providing strategic recommendations to senior
customer and program management
- Work with clients to develop requirements and deliverables.
- Provide mentorship and direction to junior systems engineers.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly clearance is required
-Experience working on ODNI systems
-Understanding of ODNI system development policies
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel