The Test Architect (TA) has primary and interdisciplinary skills to effectively plan, design and conduct the verification of a large mission and administrative Wide Area Network (WAN) telecommunications system. The TA will design and verify service level and enterprise level tests to demonstrate compliance with requirements. The TA will establish the processes and procedures needed to conduct successful acceptance tests at customer sites. The TA will have in-depth experience with developing test approaches, practices and techniques to design and implement the overall test strategies to be used on the program. The TA will lead the implementation of the labs and testbeds required to conduct site acceptance testing, capability demonstrations, interoperability testing and functional conformance. The TA will work closely with the Network, Security and Solution Architects and other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to establish and conduct a robust test program.
Test Architect Job Responsibilities:
• Leads the Operational Capabilities Demonstration (OCD) required by the customer:
o Documents the functions and capabilities to be demonstrated during the OCD by working with the various architects and functional leads and with the engineering teams to understand the engineering solutions
o Determines and documents Use Cases to be demonstrated
o Determines and documents list of equipment, tools, customization, developed software needed to conduct OCD
o Designs and establishes the OCD test environment based on Use Cases and functions to be demonstrated.
o Creates a detailed plan leading up to the OCD including time to conduct dry-runs
o Ensures the overall success of the OCD.
• Conducts selection of test tools to perform required functional, performance and regression testing.
• Incorporates test automation to maximize test coverage limiting the number of test engineers required for test execution.
• Automates the collection of performance metrics, the analysis of test results, or the automatic generation of required test reports.
• Provides a verification method for each type of requirement to be tested.
• Leads the development of test artifacts such as scenarios and test procedures.
• Interfaces with the customer to help resolve comments or questions resulting from the review of the test artifacts.
• Coordinates re-runs of any tests that failed to meet requirements.
• Designs and establishes a Service Verification Lab
• Coordinates the development and reviews of the Service Acceptance test procedures.
• Ensures, during the Service Acceptance tests, that each provisioned service meets the associated performance specifications. Ensures that the Service Acceptance test procedures are re-run when service configurations change.
• Designs and plans the Site Acceptance tests
• Verifies the functionality of Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) during Site Acceptance. Ensures that the Site Acceptance test procedures are re-run when CPE configurations change.
• Verifies the performance, and functionality of end to end WAN services during Site Acceptance.
• Designs and maintains a Network Test Bed (NTB) to support customer conducted interoperability testing; ensures that the NTB remains in sync with the operational CPE and network infrastructure configurations.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership of all the test activities, exploring opportunities to streamline processes and procedures and add value to job accomplishments.
• Enhances the test team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of test solutions; answering questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members; fostering an inclusive environment.
Test Architect Job Responsibilities:
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
Requires Masters with 15 - 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 - 16 years of prior relevant experience.
• A minimum of 10+ years of experience as a Test Architect with proven experience in test automation
• Working Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures
• Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
• Willingness to travel
• Demonstrated knowledge of applied DevOps testing
• Basic knowledge of telecommunications as applied to systems engineering
• Basic knowledge of technologies such as SDN/NFV, TDM, IP, Wireless networking
• Experience working with US Government specifications and standards
• Proven portfolio of large complex programs that required Test architecture/design and applied system life cycle processes
• Working knowledge of the FAA and their engineering practices
• Public Trust clearance or higher level clearance attained
• Must have Excellent communication and proven writing skills (including proposal writing) to work with all levels of customer and internal organizations
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Testing and Quality Assurance