Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer's required level of support. Our organization is comprised of teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as a Sr. Network Engineer , will require you to coordinate closely with senior leadership to help establish clear objectives and effectively communicate program needs, management program logs, interact with contract management, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resource which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Winsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
• Lead engineering, design and implementation efforts relative to networking technologies in support of data center operations
• Member of the Change Control Board, ensuring proper engineering discipline was applied to new designs
• Mentor junior engineering staff
• Create and maintain network technical baselines
• Identify, Test, and Validate patches and other maintenance
• Evaluate Operations performance, develop improvements, and train/transition operations teams.
• Consult with appropriate management staff to clarify system and program requirements
• Lead cross-functional teams to develop proposals, basis of estimates and bill of materials. Responsible for ensuring completeness of proposal submission
• Tier 3 Troubleshooting to resolve network infrastructure technical issues.
• Perform installation, testing, maintenance of documentation and support of network infrastructure components.
• Support/maintain/administer data, voice and video communications switches.
• Monitor network performance utilizing advanced tools.
• Analyze network bandwidth information and provide network performance analysis, forecasting and recommendations.
• Conduct testing of network infrastructure components.
• Evaluate and recommend communication network technologies to enhance capabilities of the infrastructure.
• Develop network system evaluations based on customer requirements and develop appropriate technical recommendations and architectural solutions.
• Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection with routers and switches.
BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• CCIE (Route/Switch) or Data Center or CCDP
• Project Management experience
• Expertise in virtual infrastructure
• Process/Procedure/SOP development
• Micro Segmentation, Micro Strategies, Virtual Data Center technologies, HA, application and data center mobility
• Experience developing large-scale data centers, infrastructures and networks
• Confidence and professionalism with the ability to present both technical and business concepts to professionals of any level
• Twelve years' experience in Network Security Design and Engineering, managing and supporting large scale projects and network automaton, preferably within a professional services firm or Fortune 500+ companies.
• 8+ years' experience managing relationships with senior technical customers.
• Demonstrated experience designing and implementing converged network architecture and reference architectures; from business requirements gathering to technology rollout oversight, including capacity management, definition of scoring methodologies for technology selection, integration of multiple tools and technical documentation
• Deep understanding of TCP/IP and Routing & Switching technologies; Cisco ACI and related other data center products; Remote access technology; Ability to program with one or more `scripting' languages
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) outof the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.