Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer's required level of support. Our organization is comprised of a teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as Business Development and Application Support Lead, will require you to coordinate closely with senior leadership to interpret and effectively communicate program needs, manage time / cost / scope / performance in a EVM lite environment, interact with contract management, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resource which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Winsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
Under the direction of the Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, the Application Support Lead manages our relationship with all applications hosted within the IHCCS program with the goal of maximizing customer satisfaction and understanding. This includes:
- Managing XLC promotion processes
- Understanding customer directions and objectives
- Developing High Level Design Plans to illustrate customer requirements
- Working with Engineering Lead to create new services and capabilities based on customer demand
- Developing proposals and cost estimates for hosting enhancements
- Supporting customer through presentation of IHCCS engineering roadmaps, products and services
- Reviewing Application utilization
- Supporting customer efforts for application modernization and cloud migration strategies
- Advanced understanding of project planning that includes cost, schedule, risk, change control management, etc.
- Manage team of experienced, independent professionals
- Ensure distribution of assignments and tasking to ensure complete coverage of all assigned tasks.
- Ensure tasks are completed as planned.
- Complete service and change requests on schedule.
- Manage and optimize costs with close focus on under runs and over runs.
- You will be responsible for financial management of your team, which includes hardware, software, and staffing.
- Manage all personnel needs and interact with HR when required.
- Perform annual personnel write-ups and reviews.
- Ensure personnel performance.
- Review and approve weekly personnel approvals.
- Ensure that any technical proposal needs are supported.
- Ability to complete the responsibilities outlined above.
- Ability to resource load schedules and properly estimate relationships and durations.
- Good - Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and team player.
- Broad understanding of developing and building IT technologies in network and cloud services.
- Information technology based concepts, hardware, and software knowledge.
- Program schedule, cost, scope, and performance knowledge.
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
10+ years of experience in IT systems operations.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Required Clearance
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: