We have a dynamic opportunity a Software Developer Lead supporting the CECOM Software Engineering Center located in the area of Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. Using innovative technology and methodologies, our team provides software support for post deployment (PDSS) and post production (PPSS) Army Mission Command systems. We are motivated to hire and relocation assistance is available.
We support a worldwide customer base by providing critical PDSS and PPSS support which encompasses Command & Control, Communications - Tactical (C3T) systems ensuring superiority in the air, land and maritime domains. We provide support in all stages of the system life cycle for all assigned MC systems including support to Software Change Requests (SCRs) and Software Problem Reports (SPRs), software maintenance and emergency releases, and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) releases in support of the Program Executive Office Command (PEO) C3T and Program Manager MC.
The candidate will responsible for leading an integrated software development team tasked with writing and maintaining source code, creating and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks involved in a software release. Duties include computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product.
- Responsible for entire software development process .
- Technical oversight of program execution
- Technical documentation oversight
- Cost & schedule estimation for Software development activities
- Management of process workflow related to SW development
- CCB, ERB management lead and government liaison.
- Ability communicate succinctly to government leads and executive
- Must possess an active DoD Secret clearance. Candidate without clearance will not be considered.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or applicable engineering discipline and 6-8+ years' related experience
- Expertise in one or more of the following C, C++, SQL, Linux OS and VMF is required.
- Knowledge with DoD/Army plans, policies, standards, and methods aimed at the acquisition and support of software and computer resources for Army systems.
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems
- Willing to travel up to 10% CONUS to support operational requirements
- Thorough understanding of the Agile Process
- Scrum Master
- 2+years' experience with FBC2 family of systems
- Experience in various Office tools to include Project, Excel and PowerPoint
External Referral Eligible