This role provides IT infrastructure engineering, administration, and operations. This role maintains enterprise server infrastructure to ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance (including application of the latest patches and upgrades). This role monitors technology obsolescence, manages upgrades, and evaluates alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical. This role monitors operations and collects and evaluates metrics to manage IT infrastructure services and for inclusion into project KPIs and Service Level Agreements (SLA). This individual performs risk assessment, risk mitigation analysis, vendor trade studies, and appropriate documentation to ensure IT infrastructure services are available according to established Service Level Agreements (SLA). This role ensures continuity of operations including disaster recovery.
- List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- This role is responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware and cloud resources.
- Duties include updating to new technologies, tuning performance, defining storage needs, and prioritizing the implementation of critical system patches.
- This infrastructure includes on-premises and cloud resources.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience applying expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Experience supporting a broad range of assignments requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Experience developing methodologies and presenting solutions to problems.
- Experience contributing to deliverables and meeting performance metrics.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph
List additional skills and experience that is "nice to have" but not required.