The Leidos Airborne Integration & Ground Processing Systems operation of the Advanced Solutions Group has a career opportunity for an Cyber Security Engineer for the Airborne Reconnaissance Low - Enhanced (ARL-E) program located in Manassas, VA..
ARL-E is a multi-year program supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet.
The ARL-E team is geographically separated with primary duty locations of Manassas, VA and Aberdeen, MD. A minimum of 25% travel may be required to support activities at each of the primary duty locations as well as CONUS test ranges.
The selected candidate will serve as a member of an Engineering Team and support a full spectrum of division activities specifically focused on cyber security related to mission systems operations within or in support of aircraft platforms. As a subject matter expert the Cyber Security Engineer will inject into each stage of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle to include but not limited to, requirements analysis, system design, system integration, functional testing, and all associated documentation. Primary duties are technically hands-on and include compliance and vulnerability scanning, report generation and analysis, development, implementation, and documentation of fix actions, and routine maintenance of multiple systems security posture. Active Top Secret clearance is required, with ability to obtain TS SCI.
The position involves the following tasks:
- Utilizing compliance and vulnerability security scan tools (e.g. ACAS, SCC), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), NIST RMF workflows and processes
- Generate and analyzes security scan tool reports and reports to customer and company leadership
- Develop technical and written solutions to cyber security vulnerabilities (e.g. AD Group Policy, Local Security Policy, Windows/Unix scripts, documented mitigations)
- Develop technical and programmatic assessments, evaluates engineering and integration initiatives and provides technical support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Support engineers of other disciplines in the security posture of products
- Assist Information Security Systems Manager (ISSM) in the development and maintenance of multiple accreditation packages
- Contribute to pre, peri, and post Authority to Operate (ATO) assessments
- Assist with other IA compliance activities as directed by supervisor
- Travel about 25% to customer and testing sties.
- Active Top Secret; ability to obtain SCI
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or related discipline and 4-8 years of related experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Any DoD 8570 certifications of IAT Level II or higher or IAM Level I or higher (e.g. Security+ CE, CISSP, CISM)
- Strong background in cyber security engineering or related information technology field to include the ability to integrate, troubleshoot, and test hardware and software
- Previous information technology experience
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. ACAS, SCC, Nessus)
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with developing and integrating Active Directory Group Policy, Local Security Policy, and Windows scripts
- Experience with virtualization architectures (VMWare, Citrix, Hyper-V)
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with NIST RMF SP 800-53
- Proficient with MS Office products to include Visio
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Expert interpersonal skills when working as part of a team and capable of working independently when required
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with virtualized environments, multi-level security solutions, and cross domain solutions
Referral Bonus Eligible