Leidos has an opening for a Network Controller at Hill AFB, UT.
Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Hill AFB, UT and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. The core telecommunications capabilities supported by GSM-O enables the Warfighter to meet operational needs by providing world-wide telecommunications, supporting natural disaster relief, and conducting humanitarian assistance in peace time crises, regional conflicts, and at the same time executing on-going strategic deterrence activities. This position directly supports the DISA-provided GIG capabilities and services in our 24x7 Global Network Support Center (GNSC) working in our Transport, IP, and / or Unified Capabilities (UC) NOC.
• Conduct network and telecommunications system incident investigation.
• Identify and document network errors and solutions.
• Analyze network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues.
• Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, and routers to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
• Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices, phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, switches, infrastructure, call manager systems, Video Teleconference (VTC) systems video recording/viewing/distribution systems, and related telecommunications trunk circuits.
• Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices including MSPP, Promina, ATM, and Optical.
• High School diploma with 3+ years of overall related experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) prior to start date.
• Able to work in a shift work environment as we are a 24/7 operation.
• Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management .Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, GVS, ATM, Promina, CISCO, MSPP, Optical Switching.
• General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel