We have a dynamic opportunity for a part-time Consulting Employee supporting in the role of Human Factors Design Engineer. The position will be in support of the US Navy's Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Pacific (SSC-Pacific) located in San Diego, CA.
In this role, you will apply human performance principles, methodologies, and technologies to the design of human-machine systems and products. This position develops and implements research methodologies and statistical analysis plans to test and evaluate developmental prototypes used in new products and processes in computerized human models. Interfaces with design engineers to establish system design, operating, and training requirements and to ensure optimized human-machine interfaces. Identifies and analyzes technological problems or risks, performs theoretical human factors investigations, and develops and implements research and analysis plans.
- Generate use cases to facilitate Fleet personnel to provide feedback on the usefulness and usability of user-interface functionality.
- Develop a notional essential story.
- Collaboratively use a pairing recommendation tool.
- This essential story will be developed for the purpose of informing selected developers and testers how the Fleet expects to use the tool as opposed to defining a formal Navy concept of operation.
- Collaborate with Fleet personnel.
- Based on provided design specifications with an associated prototype, candidate is responsible for user-interface integration into a high-fidelity prototype that supports scenario based user-in and user-on the loop evaluations.
- Requires a Masters with 15 - 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 - 16 years of prior relevant experience.
- Mentors and coaches other technical staff.
- Resolves highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that impact multiple aspects of the project.
- Leads the development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field.
- Requires ability to communicate with strategic human factors concepts to senior customer leadership
- Requires highest knowledge and mastery of highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
- Viewed as a subject matter expert and within the field by peers within and outside the organization.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and be able to interface with other functional areas (e.g., Software, Hardware).
- Has supported prior Navy projects as a Human Factors Design Engineer.
- Has experience working with the governments' Defense Intelligence Information Enterprise (DI2E) development tools.
- Support the generation of the Software Requirements Specification (SRS), and System/Subsystem Specification (SSS).
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: