The Leidos Health Group of Leidos Inc. is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
As a member of the Development and Engineering team, the candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Microsoft stack based Infrastructure Services and Desktop Hardware. This includes research, design, test, and deploy technologies being researched by the program Development and Engineering team. The individual will be responsible for delivering end user services to include desktop services, mobility and collaboration technologies. This role will ensure the overall health and availability of End User systems. Provide quality support for enterprise desktops, and other enterprise technologies with a focus on client service. The individual will be responsible for providing guidance to junior and mid-level engineers within the team and assist in executing the CMS IT Service Management (ITSM) processes, and developing technical solutions to satisfy business needs. Ensure end user services are defined and supported by the processes as guided by the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
Key Responsibilities :
- Performs lifecycle management for operating systems and applications using the Ivanti Desktop Management suite of products (maintain hotfixes, service packs, software and OS deployments).
- Assists in the selection and recommendation of standardized equipment selection.
- Manage Ivanti Environment Manager to fully personalized users profile.
- Develop Windows Desktop images for automated deployment.
- Engineer packaging for automated deployment of applications.
- Provide on-call after hours support on rotation.
- Deploy approved release packages and break-fix solutions in accordance with all enterprise architecture and configuration, change, and release management policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all security and operational policies and procedures, including the United States Government Configuration Baseline for Windows.
- Creates and maintains architecture, design, and installation documentation.
- Support integration with directories such as Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Kerberos and Active Directory (AD).
- Follow relevant procedures to resolve incidents and fulfill requests within agreed upon service level agreements (SLAs).
- Work with Technical Writer to draft user communication and issue email notifications to key stakeholders and the user community regarding environment changes, patches, and outage, both planned and unplanned.
- Develop and maintains software tools and custom scripts, using PowerShell and Visual Basic, to automate repetitive tasks and improve user access to self-service options.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as required, and propose and implement changes aimed at continual service improvement.
- Provide guidance to junior and mid-level engineers.
- Lead scrum teams from cradle to grave to achieve positive results
- Develop and troubleshoot complex technical problems and issues and regularly demonstrate innovation and creativity to develop and/or or deploy new technical solutions as well as integrate new technology with the existing systems and infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 8 years or more of professional experience; or 6 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Expert knowledge in one or more disciplines and technologies as required above to include ability to apply advanced technical principles and theories.
- Strong experience in design, create, test and maintain internal Windows Client Imaging infrastructure.
- Strong Windows OS Architecture design, Engineering and technical experience.
- Application Packaging and distribution using tools such as Ivanti Landesk and IBM BigFix.
- Patching of Windows OS using device management tool like Ivanti Landesk, Microsoft SCCM and IBM BigFix.
- User profile management and personalization using Ivanti Environment Manager.
- Strong experience in Active Directory Group/Users/Computers Organizational Units
- Strong experience in Group Policy/DISA STIG for Windows OS.
- Strong experience with scripting tools such as PowerShell, Visual Basic etc.
- Strong experience working with WMI.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2016 and O365.
- Strong experience in troubleshooting and resolving hardware, peripheral, software, network, and other client-side related problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate technical issues in terms understood by both technical and non-technical end users.
- Ability to interface with all functions and at all levels within the organization and with external customers.
- Understanding of infrastructure services: DNS, WINS, DHCP.
- Working experience in a Scrum Agile environment.
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL and ITSM standards.
- Strong technical writing and presentation.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) outof the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.