Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking a Storage SME-SAN to support the DoD's JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities, a multi-year, global effort to improve the DoD's security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances.
In this role , you w ill perform a variety of engineering and operational related assignments associated with SAN and Storage operations, and virtualization software (VMware's vSphere, Horizon and EMC) on a set of enterprise-level IT systems in support of Leidos' s data center environments.
- Responsible for capturing, analyzing and decomposing system requirements in order to generate and document design solutions that will be implemented, tested and eventually transitioned to the operational environment.
- Managing and optimizing EMC VNX systems, Avamar and CommVault backup routines.
- Work with leads in other sub-systems, customers, and process owners to insure solution integration.
- Produce and maintain documentation of the server sub-systems in the data center environment, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, as well as all other areas of server system life-cycle planning.
- Explore new technologies related to the backup discipline, and making recommendations for their introduction into the data center environment.
- Troubleshoot and manage problem resolution including root cause analysis.
- Adhere to company policies and processes including change control, security, and corporate policies.
- EMC Certifications desired, VNX, V-Max, Recovery Point sub-systems.
- Experience with Enginuity, Symmetrix CLI, Navisphere and/or CentraStar
- NetApp experience is a plus, 3000 and 6000 series filers with ONTAP 8/9.XX.
-Brocade experience desired with DCX series Fibre Channel switches
- Requires Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and 6+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of related experience, training, and/or certifications accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must hold current DoD 8570 IAT2 certification Security+ CE or higher.
- Currently possess a Secret DoD security Clearance.
- MCSE certification
- ITIL training and/or certification
- Develop sound solutions to complex problems, produce system level reports, report status to Senior level Management.
- Proven Subject Matter Expert skills working with / Supporting Enterprise level EMC Storage and Backup Solutions.
- Customer interface experience
- Managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS
- Network knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of EMC and other storage devices
- Exposure to SQL and Oracle and database concepts and installations
- ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with Remedy
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel