Leidos is seeking a project engineer for a team of the Operational and Network Engineers at Scott AFB IL. This position is supporting the DISA customer as part of the GSM-O program. You must hold an active Secret clearance to start on this contract and you must be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI per contract requirements.
About the Role:
To be successful, you will need subject matter expertise and experience in hiring, training, certifying, and supporting a team of Network Engineering professionals in the 24x7x365 operations, administration and maintenance of mission critical DoD communications networks. You should possess an in-depth knowledge of Network Management, Incident Management, Trouble Management, Problem Management, network administration & maintenance. The ideal candidate will orchestrate, plan, report, and perform technical activities to execute DODIN operational engineering globally. You should be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision. This position will require interaction on a daily basis with engineers and team leads of various skillsets to track independent projects and will be required to report up to the Task Order Manager, UC Engineering Manager, and Customer to provide updated statuses regularly. The management of issues, risk and dependencies while ensuring action plans are documented and executed accordingly are critical core components of the position's requirements. If selected, you will also be responsible for working with the customer and various other contractors that do not report directly to the GSM-O program but upon which there may be dependencies related to the completion of the aforementioned tasks. As the project engineer, you will build relationships with stakeholders and other subject matter experts to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and on time. Ideally, you will have the ability to make decisions and escalate when needed. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills. Some travel (
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyzes for total systems across the DISN. - Responsible for coordinating employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, and work assignments. - Maintains detailed awareness of all aspects of multiple Engineering and Operations tasks simultaneously.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. 4 years of additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Technical Planning, Systems Integration, Verification and Validation, Cost and Risk, Supportability and effectiveness analysis across programs/projects.
- Experience with coordination of Employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, and work assignments.
- Understanding of Information Technology Security and Information Assurance
- Knowledge of IT operations tools and their use and application for monitoring and control of distributed IT networks DISA background E
- Experience with leading others and setting expectations amongst the group Past experience in building and managing a team of network engineering professionals to effectively execute 24x7x365 IT operations and engineering
- Experience gathering requirements, performing analysis, decomposition and validating data to deliver top-quality assessments
- Previous Firm Fixed Price Performance based contract administration and execution
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- -ITIL experience - DISA Customer Experience
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel