Are you interested in developing and researching cutting-edge geospatial technology?
Are you passionate about customer mission success and the problems of tomorrow?
Do you strive and excel in tackling unknown problems and creating innovative solutions?
Are you results oriented and excited about creating and leveraging machine learning applications, convolutional neural networks and cloud infrastructures?
The Spatial Solutions Division under Defense and Intelligence Sector of Leidos Inc. has a career opportunity for a Software Developer to join our Innovation Center, a research, development and rapid prototyping center. The Developer will work collaboratively across independent research and development (IRAD) and various Government Program Teams in the development of future analysis and exploitation systems that support the customer warfighter and analyst missions. The individual will develop complex and diverse software / cloud applications based upon existing and future requirements. The individual must be able to work individually and as part of a team, and must be comfortable in a rapid-paced but somewhat unstructured environment where self-motivation and creativity is highly valued.
• Assist in leading in the design of analysis and exploitation systems while working in conjunction with IRAD, divisional technology and business leaders to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and or approaches
• Develop and provide mature software applications, cloud services and other prototypes and products
• Practical experience and expertise in JAVA, C++, C#, Python and other modern programing languages
• Regularly employ ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve functional objectives that align with business and customer needs
• Must have a strong and proven understanding of cloud-native APIs, frameworks and architectures and demonstrated ability to develop back-end services, user interfaces and interoperable software components
• Must have demonstrated and expert experience in software development theories, concepts, practices and process
• Ability to work closely with GEOINT analysts who are expert in the associated tradecraft as well as program teams in understanding future requirements
• Work with divisional leadership, business development and SR. management to meet acceptance criteria
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience of Master's degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience
• May possess a Doctorate in a related technical field
• 5+ years' experience working with or in the Intelligence Community
• Self- starter, motivated individual with the ability to make highly technical and objective decisions
• Ability to think out-side of the box and create solutions in ground breaking technology independently
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, related work experience
• Qualified candidates with an active TS/SCI clearance will be given preference
• Experience in image processing, big data analytics or signal processing
• Experience in mathematical algorithm development