Leidos currently has an opening for an Oracle Database Administrator / System Engineer.
The Oracle DBA / System Engineer will provide on-site Oracle Database administration, system administration, and Information Assurance (IA) support on the production DCGS-A servers for the Joint Task Force, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Candidate will provide daily hands-on administration and backup of Redhat and VMware servers running Oracle 12 databases and Querytree / Starlight applications. Daily IA functions include Redhat and Oracle patching along with hardening of servers. Other duties include Querytree/Feedpipes administration, and writing custom database ingestion scripts to harvest, transform, load, and display data. The candidate will be based at GTMO and provide on-site support for the Oracle databases and associated servers.
Bachelor's degree in related field and 10 years related experience.
- Department of Defense 8570 IAT Level II Technical certification.
- Oracle Certified Associate certification.
- Linux+ Certification.
- 5+ Years of experience managing mission critical databases. The Oracle DBA is solely responsible for maintaining VLDBs. In-depth knowledge of: Oracle Grid, Oracle ASM, Oracle backup & recovery of databases, Oracle tuning of database instances, Oracle security enforcement for all databases.
- 5+ Years of experience with Linux+ servers.
- 5+ Years of experience implementing Redhat Linux Information Assurance activities to include application and operating system software patching.
- 5+ Years of experience of application software testing and release management of IC applications to include baseline and CM compliance.
- 5+ Years of experience implementing Feedpipes, Querytree, Name Variant Engine, and Jabber.
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2005, Perl, PHP, Python, or SQL Scripting.
*** A current TS/SCI clearance is required. ***
External referral eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel