Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) Supervisor, in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) - Information Technology (IT) program. The Army Corps of Engineers - Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services. Leidos is actively seeking personnel to support USACE headquarters locations in Washington, DC; Vicksburg, MS; Huntsville, AL; and Hillsboro, OR; across other USACE locations; and virtual positions.
The Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) Supervisor will supervise Help Desk Analysts working at the Enterprise Service Desk Call Center supporting more than 37,000 USACE end users and management for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Information Technology (ACE-IT).
• Provide daily supervision and direction to staff that are responsible for phone support to users in the areas of e-mail, directories, standard Windows desktop applications, and IT related issues.
• Ensure the timely process through which problems are received, controlled and resolved.
• Provide supervisory leadership to service desk staff and oversee work schedules to maintain adequate staffing levels.
• Supervise the day to day operations and provide general guidance for ESD customer service/support agency wide.
• Provide annual evaluations in a timely manner, and offer career path guidance for staff.
• Serve as the liaison for IT Service Desk to other groups, customers, IT applications, and regional IT staff.
• Update position descriptions as needed and sets goals for the group.
• Report to manager and director on any issue that could significantly impact the business.
• Ensure staff takes ownership of user problems and are proactive when dealing with user issues.
• Ensure all contacts are documented according to quality and efficiency standards based on Incident Management process.
• Involved in personnel actions and confidential matters.
• Provides effective two-way feedback to motivate high performance and productive environment.
• Identifies and provides guidance for resolution of technical issues.
• Directs procedural questions/inquires to improve staff efficiency and effectiveness.
• Facilitates collaborative issue resolution.
• Manages customer escalations and VIP issues.
• Prioritizes incidents and manages workflow for service desk to facilitate timely resolution and exceed customer expectations.
• Creates, updates and maintains procedures as appropriate.
• Serves as liaison for all Infrastructure issues to ensure coordination and resolution in a timely manner
• Conducts staff quality checks.
• Manages pending tickets and other Service Level Requirements that directly affect metrics.
• Prepares and briefs daily service impact reports for the Service Desk Manager and Deputy Manager.
• Communicates with other enterprise teams and management to ensure enterprise cohesiveness.
• Provides on-call support after hours, holidays and weekends.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors degree from accredited university/college, or equivalent experience (4 years additional relevant experience; OR Associates or Technical degree and 2 years additional relevant experience; OR HS Diploma and 6 years additional relevant experience).
• 2-4 years of call center customer care experience, preferably in a technical environment.
• Experience leading teams
• Experience with IT end user devices - computers, printers, network connections, applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong aptitude to learn and adapt to new technologies, methods, processes, and procedures.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize work.
• Strong ability to plan, supervise others and coordinate work.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, independently analyze and weigh the risks verses benefits in decision and recommendations.
• Demonstrated history of successful organization and time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, supervise and/or manage technical staff.
• Able to concisely and effectively interact with individuals through verbal or written word.
• Experience providing first tier support in a Service or Help Desk environment.
• Responds to difficult, stressful or sensitive interpersonal situations in ways that reduce or minimize potential conflict.
• Promotes cooperation within the work unit to achieve team goals.
• Must have a positive attitude, be engaged, accountable, and professional.
• Positive, morale building attitude is a must.
• Must be willing to work a non-standard shift or work week.
• Secret Clearance.
- Experience with help desk (24x7x365).
- Security + Certification
- Experience with IT asset management, inventory management, and disposal.
- Microsoft (MCSE, MCITP, MCTS), CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+), Apple (ACSP, ACTC).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and ITSM suites (e.g., Remedy, ServiceNow).
- Knowledge of ITIL service management concepts.
- Interpersonal Skills - ability to notice, interpret and anticipate others concerns and feelings, and to communicate this effectively.
- Models effective group process behavior, such as active listening, discussing, negotiating, rewarding, encouraging, and motivating.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: