The Mega 4 Litigation Support Team at Leidos currently supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in Washington, DC has an opening for a Law Clerk I to work in a downtown Washington, DC DOJ office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the U.S. Department of Justice achieve their mission.
Works under the direction of a Project Supervisor or Supervisory Paralegal. Provides general litigation support for Government attorneys and Paralegals onsite at Department of Justice offices. Support includes significant document review effort. The candidate will also be performing legal research and database search support. Assists with case files, preparing filings for the court, privilege review, and preparing exhibits/binders for depositions and trial. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies.
- Complete understanding of legal process and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Law degree
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.
- Hands on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging and telecommunications.
- Bluebooking and cite checking experience.
- Prior use of legal research tools.
- Two years of litigation support experience; one year of experience in automated litigation.
- Experience working in a government legal environment.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality of work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Highly detail oriented individual.
- Active security clearance, preferred.
- Experience working in Relativity databases.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: