The Maritime Solutions Division (MSD) of Leidos' Advanced Systems Group develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients. MSD is currently seeking a Material Control specialist to support a world-class LEAN manufacturing environment for current and future projects spanning advanced concept and prototype development, low-rate initial production and full-rate production.
This immediate opening seeks a Material Control specialist with responsibility for scheduling and managing the movement of material from receipt to warehouse to production. The successful candidate will work with the production manager and collaboratively with an outstanding group of engineers and production technology technicians in Long Beach, MS. You will become part of a world class team that is a recognized leader in maritime systems development, and will support production of advanced electronic systems for the US Navy and the US Air Force.
- Managing material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production.
- Maintain clearly organized warehouse spaces, controlled inventory cages, and shipping and receiving office.
- Receive material into inventory control system
- Kit manufacturing orders for production floor
- Assist with preparing shipments for delivery and organizing/scheduling trucks/cranes
Requirements (Education /Years of Experience/Skill Sets - both technical & soft skill):
- High School diploma with minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Experience with ISO9000 quality management systems
- Effective hands-on skills and the ability to interact with shop floor personnel
- Good computer skills including all Microsoft Office software
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Forklift operation experience
- Basic understanding of MRP systems such as effective issuance of manufacturing orders (MO's) to the shop floor.