The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations, maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN). Supporting the SENS3 management team, the selected individual will be responsible for providing monitoring of customer network data, applications, and operational architecture through a 24/7 Operating Center environment to ensure Service Level Agreements are met, including:
- - Working with Telco providers, LECs, and customers in troubleshooting circuit and data issues;
- - Answering queries by telephone and email in support of customer hardware, software, network, and telecommunication systems and execution of network procedures;
- - Provide operational support for all network components and conducts problem determination, escalation, and provides problem resolution;
- - Must be familiar with network administration and ITSM tools and equipment for (i.e. BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, HP Openview products and have a thorough understanding of networks and networking equipment).
- - 7+ years of experience working with networks and performing Network administration/Troubleshooting
- - Must be Familiar with Windows System administration tools and processes such as adding and removing user accounts and configuring and correcting profile issues.
- - Knowledge in coordinating problem resolution and working across IT functional areas
- - Proven Ability to manage multiple task/events simultaneously and deliver on time.
- DHS Experience
- HP Networking Certification
- Microsoft Certification
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
- Considered career, or journey, level.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops