Defense and Intelligence Sector of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Forensic Data Loader/Junior Linux System Administrator with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide technical support to the SIGINT Forensics Center (SFC), Strategic Technology and Advanced Concepts (STAAC) Division. Support shall include loading data from various computer media into the SFC's local storage system; entering background data in the SFC's internal database; and initiating automated processing scripts. Responsibilities include: • Initiate Forensics processing scripts (run via Linux command line) • Input and/or update background data in the internal SFC tracking database
• Initiate automated processing for SFC tracking database
• Copy images from a server to local storage
• Troubleshoot and communicate with customers if data is corrupted or incompatible
• Most work is during core business hours of normal business days; after hours surge efforts and on-call efforts.
• Performs research on current and future technology trends
• Identifies and analyzes new technologies and methods to assist near-term and medium-term Strategic technology development Initiatives
- BS Degree and 4-8 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• At least six (6) years of experience as a Sun, Unix, or Windows system administrator including, but not being limited to, installing/loading operating system software, troubleshooting, installing the desktop, installing a windows manager, and performing BEA WebLogic administration.
• Experience using Linux command line interface
• Understanding of file systems (concept of files/folders/symbolic links/permissions, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard, commands like "file" + "mount", what is FAT/NTFS/etc)
• Able to write basic shell scripts (e.g. bash, csh, etc), (create some variables, pass them as parameters to system commands and PERL scripts)
• Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communications skill
• Must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under general direction
• General application and operating system trouble shooting experience
These skills are a plus:
• Understanding of Windows files systems
• Experience debugging PERL (at least enough to figure out what input parameters are needed in case the original instructions for how to call the PERL code aren't completely right)
• Experience with open source or COTS forensics tools like eNcase, FTKImager, TestDisk, other things on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_digital_forensics_tools
• Knowledge of SIGINT Forensics Center
• Must possess strong analytic skills
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel