The Defense & Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Desktop Support Executive Lead at the Pentagon with occasional site visits to Joint Base Andrews.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
Executive support is responsible for providing AF Senior Officers client sight service, repair and/or installation support of existing hardware, software, network configurations and new system initiatives for all sites within area of responsibility. Duties may include providing roving site support services as well as assisting in the development and ensuring adherence to area-wide procedural/policy changes, residential support and on call assistance.
- Leads, motivates and guides IT service desk professionals to deliver excellent technical/non-technical customer support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction and continual service improvement.
- Provides direction and mentoring to service desk team members that are responsible for providing support to the most Senior Air Force officials.
- Effectively and efficiently plans, organizes, and manages all employees assigned to the specific task area. This includes:
1) Day-to-day administrative direction of contractor personnel;
2) Assignment of staff personnel in accordance with workflow requirements;
3) Establishment or improvement of procedures and controls, where necessary, to ensure that all services meet schedules and production standards.
- Leads a team of 12 desktop support technicians in developing new products, processes, standards or operational plans in support of the project/family.
- Responsible for hiring, firing, promotions and end of year reports as well as submitting techs for merit bonuses.
- Requires BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Currently possess an active Top Secret DoD Security Clearance
- Currently possess a Security+CE certification
- Military experience and comfortable working with Senior Military Leaders in a faced paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Remedy and building reports for SLA Management.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel