Leidos is looking for a Software Test Lead to join a large software development team working in the Herndon, VA area. This is an exciting opportunity to support a team responsible for development, testing, installation and O&M activities for several applications. Candidates must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance in order to be considered.
The Test Lead is responsible for technical and administrative direction for personnel performing software test and evaluations tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept, user standards, and schedules. The Test Lead shall coordinate with team members to ensure issue resolution, appropriate risk reduction, and user satisfaction. The Test Lead will plan test activities, manage test resources, and resolve issues that impede test efforts.
The Test Lead is also responsible for assessing the progress and effectiveness of the test effort, while managing the ongoing purpose and deliverables of the test effort. The Test Lead will work in a Scrum agile development environment, and will collaborate with program management, technical leads, and test teammates to determine the best technical solution with the lowest risk, and to ensure consistent adherence to team processes and procedures. The Test Lead will develop and adhere to project schedules and milestones, provide weekly status updates, and determine workload priority.
- Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- At least 12 years experience as an applications tester.
- 2 Years of technical leadership experience.
- Experience in the Agile process.
- Experience in testing software on large-scale efforts.
- Experience with software testing updates, configuration, and change management.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, with an ability to anticipate, effectively diagnose, isolate, and expediently resolve complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical concepts.
- Experience in formulating and delivering test plans
- Expert in the Agile process.
- Expert in formulating and delivering test plans.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Testing and Quality Assurance
Defense & Intel