The Advanced Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Visualization Engineer to develop and maintain 3D visualization software for civil, DoD, and commercial applications. Duties include creating, modifying, and maintaining software allowing users to import, manipulate and drive the motion of 3D models (both realistic and engineering models) using an external data sources. Support integration of the software with simulation codes to facilitate engineering development, integration, and test activities, including hardware in the loop testing. Responsibilities include development, maintenance, test, documentation, integration, and support of the visualization code. Deployment to remote locations may occasionally be necessary.
- Develop and maintain visualization software using robust version control.
- Integrate visualization software and other related software with simulations supporting a variety of customers and programs, including support for integration testing.
- Support the user base by providing bug fixes, prioritized feature requests, and maintenance of user documentation and training material.
- Interface with internal and external customers to be responsive to their development needs.
- Actively participate in software branding and marketing campaigns.
- BS plus 4-8 years or MS plus 2-6 years in Computer Science, Physics or an Engineering discipline, including 2+ years of experience developing visualization for commercial or DOD applications.
- Expertise developing in C, C++, Python
- Solid math background, including fluency in manipulating 3D models in software using Euler angles and quaternions.
- Experience developing in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience creating visualization applications including models, textures, articulating surfaces,
- Disciplined software development experience
- 2+ years of experience working with (or integrating with) aerospace simulations and applications, especially real-time applications.
- Experience in graphics development from commercial gaming industry.
- Image processing experience.
- Experience developing in a CMMI Level III environment.
- Experience developing for DoD and space applications
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: