Leidos is looking for Systems Engineer for a position in the Northern Virginia area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
Engineer will oversee and coordinate operations and development team activities, apply engineering and technical project tracking support to projects, and serve as a technical interface. The SE will maintain and advance "As Is" system configuration and administration of software tools for systems, including network connections, internal connections, hardware configurations, operating systems, virtual machine configurations, AWS services, proxy services, security configuration, and operations and maintenance processes and procedures.
The SE will either be conversant already or rapidly become expert with the engineering group future systems architecture, and will examine and compare the "As Is" configurations of systems to current and future engineering group architectures and make recommendations to keep systems in line with current and future system engineering standards. The SE will lead the capturing and reporting of all the Agile project plans, schedules, efforts, stories, points, dependencies, and risk across all of the Agile teams, into a common tool. The SE will identify technical improvement opportunities in current software programs to optimize operational performance and efficiency. The SE will ensure concerns with internal control design or performance and process changes that impact internal control execution are communicated. The SE will conduct research to solve practical engineering problems in-depth and improve or develop new methods/approaches to product application, problems, and solutions to ensure quality, efficiency, and cost effectiveness in accordance with policies and procedures. The SE will also help the operations and development teams maximize agility and productivity, and serve as mentor for junior developers in the hard and soft skills required for success.
- Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following project-related skills: project manager, program management, systems integration, software integration, or program integration.
- Demonstrated experience with the project development life-cycle or Agile development methodology, including requirements generation and management with the ability to work with and translate technical jargon into actionable program/project plans.
- Demonstrated experience generating and maintaining programmatic documentation.
- Demonstrated experience in business process management.
- Demonstrated experience supporting Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and Business Process Management Systems (BPMS) architectures.
- Demonstrated experience supporting database development/Schema Design/implementation in SQL and NoSQL databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Hadoop or Hbase.
- Demonstrated experience supporting projects using Amazon Web Services.
- Demonstrated experience incorporating Test Driven Development (TDD) and Automated Testing into requirements and schedules.
- Demonstrated experience collecting, prioritizing, and statusing technical, procedural or policy security solutions to resolve system/network deficits.