Leidos has a career opening for a Program Task Manager in Reston, VA. The successful candidate will assume the role of a Task Manager within the PMO for a large program, and will work successfully with the PM, DPM, Back office Manager, back office team, support function professionals, customers and contract employees to help expertly and efficiently execute the contract requirements.
This candidate should thrive in a fast paced environment, have a strong technical writing background, exercise sound judgment, pay close attention to detail, take initiative, make independent decisions, and take action to help accomplish program goals.
The candidate will be responsible for making final decisions on customer staffing request proposals, authoring project documents and deliverables, and process improvement. In addition to working closely with subcontractor teammates, the successful candidate will also play a key role in the interviewing of candidates and hiring decisions for the program as well as producing well written proposal packages for the customer staffing requests.
The successful candidate will manage other small ad hoc projects for the program; assist PM and DPM with ad hoc request and writing projects, work closely with team members and customers to provide editing support, and assist with other areas of the program.
- Requires a BA degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Must have demonstrated writing experience (technical writing, writing through college coursework or proposal writing, etc)
- Must have a strong capability for planning, organizing, directing and tracking efforts on assigned tasks.
- Must be a strong team player
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with staffing processes.
- Must be able to interact with customer representatives in an effective manner.
- General business professional experience with project management related experience.
- Prior experience with task order proposal coordination/management preferred.
- Candidate must be willing and able to apply for a TS/SCI with a Polygraph clearance