Leidos has job opening for a Cybersecurity Cloud Engineer Summer Intern in Orlando, FL.
Leidos is seeking a cybersecurity intern in Gaithersburg, MD, Reston, VA, or Orlando, FL to help our Computer Security Engineering team with multiple cloud projects.
Our mission at Leidos is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. Our work provides an immediate impact in the real world, here are some examples:
• Building resilient cybersecurity for next generation nuclear power plants
• Developing data analytics solutions for IT, operational technology (OT), and IoT systems
• Defending networks for the United States and our allies
• Providing cybersecurity services for hospitals so they can focus on clinical outcomes
• Developing cutting edge technology with embedded security to minimize vulnerabilities
• Testing and evaluating software and systems to validate their claimed security features
• Designing policies, procedures, and standards to improve security across technologies
Leidos has world-class Security Architecture and Engineering teams responsible for the security suites that protect Leidos data, networks and endpoints. Come join us for a rewarding experience alongside talented cyber professionals who can help you achieve your career goals!
In the Cybersecurity Internship Program, you will have the opportunity to participate in:
• Team-based work
• Impactful, challenging, and rewarding projects
• Mentoring, training, and professional development opportunities
• Identifying and monitoring Leidos cloud infrastructure within the SIEM
• Actively participate in the Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) Analysis of Alternatives (AoA)
• Assist the Cloud Security Team in their effort to balance business needs with security requirements.
• Assist with process and documentation improvements for all engineering projects
• Assist with Linux Platform improvements, primarily focused on system building and administration
• Assist with development, testing and implementation of machine learning algorithms and programmatic correlation functions, and visualizations within SIEM systems
• Support cutting-edge research and development for Enterprise-level deception program (to include Network, Endpoint and other IT Services like Authentication)
• Actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related degree, and have completed at least three years of an undergraduate curriculum or two years of experience and maintained a minimum 3.0.
• The following may be considered in lieu of pursuing a degree: Cybersecurity related training/certifications, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) from top universities or institutions, experience, soft-skills, and passion for cybersecurity.
• Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication.
• Demonstrated leadership or cyber skills gained from student clubs, community involvement or work experience.
• Fundamental understanding of networking, infrastructure, software development, and application technologies.
• Understanding of basic cyber threats and popular attack vectors such as phishing, ransomware, and social engineering.
-U.S. Citizenship is required
• Experience with popular cloud hosting environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
• Understanding of computer network defense operations (endpoint security, proxy, firewall, SIEM, intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention systems, network traffic analysis, etc.).
• Basic understanding of remote access, OSI model, and TCP/IP networking principles and protocols.
• Basic knowledge of Linux operating systems.
• Knowledge of and interest in data science, machine learning and/or security automation.
• Desired soft skills
oAnalytical mind with creative problem solving ability
oCurious and agile learner
oDesire to learn how things work
oEarly adopter of new technology
oAbility to clearly and concisely summarize information