Leidos is seeking an Electronics Technician to work for the Security and Transportation Technology (STT) business unit in Vista, CA.
The STT business unit at Leidos designs and manufactures highly complex security equipment for use at border crossings, airports, seaports, and other transportation mechanisms. Our products include radiation detectors and spectrometers, Xray and gamma ray scanners for cars, trucks and trains, and CT explosives detection equipment for airline passenger baggage.
• Work as part of a cross-functional engineering team with Scientists and Engineers to develop next-generation X-ray based security equipment
• Assemble, wire, and functionally test electrical and mechanical prototype assemblies. Assemblies may encompass circuit boards, wiring panels with terminal blocks and cabling, and large-scale mechanical assemblies.
• Organize and maintain engineering laboratories
• Operate X-ray producing machinery for developmental tests and demonstrations
• High school diploma with at least 4 years of relevant professional experience
• Experience with common wiring practices, such as wire/cable stripping, terminal blocks, crimping tools, wire management, cabling, and soldering
• Experience with electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMMs, function generators, bench supplies
• Experience reading schematic diagrams and assembly drawings
• Experience with basic computer skills, including connection of peripherals, using Microsoft Windows and applications, and networking
• Comfortable working with and around Xray radiation producing machines, radioactive materials, high voltage, heavy machinery, batteries, electric and hydraulic power systems
• Able to safely operate a forklift
• Able to effectively work with a cross-functional team of Scientists and Engineers
• Proficient at soldering electronic components, wiring, and connectors
• Familiar with a product development process including prototyping, testing, Engineering drawings and documentation formats, and Engineering change processes
• Experience working around Xray producing machinery
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: