Reinvent yourself at Leidos! Uncover your potential by becoming a member of our team.
Are you our next Laser Research Scientist willing to work at Kirtland AFB, NM primarily working in laboratory settings engaging in research and development of new and innovative high power laser research and development? If so you will get to interact with scientists, engineers and technicians to design and model new laser sources, develop test infrastructures, conduct laboratory tests, analyze test results, and write and present test summary reports and scientific reports.
Fun stuff you will do in this role:
- Work in a laser laboratory with modern equipment to bring innovative ideas to the field of high power laser research and development.
- Design, model, test, and characterize high laser sources, including gas, fiber and semiconductor sources.
- Work daily with other scientists, and engineers and technicians.
- Design, develop and field diagnostics and data acquisition systems necessary to characterize laser sources.
- Attend weekly meetings and provide status updates on work activities.
- Provide written reports and PowerPoint slides to present finding and innovative solutions.
Skills you need to be successful in this job:
- ABET accredited BS in Chemical Engineering discipline or related technical degree with at least 2 years related professional technical experience or equivalent in research
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Familiarity and experience with Air Force laser research and development
- Ability to analyze data and write accurate, concise and readable test summary reports
- Ability to engage in technical research and development in a fast-paced environment
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- MS/PhD degree in technical or scientific field
- Experience with sensors and laser diagnostic systems related to low- and high-energy lasers
- Recent experience with directed energy research and development programs
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: