Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is currently seeking a full-time Jr. Web Developer who will support the Deployment Health Research Program at the Naval Health Research Center in San Diego, CA. The successful candidate will assist with PHP web application development and system administration tasks essential for the operation of several ongoing research studies examining the health and well-being in military personnel and their families. The Jr. Web Developer will interact not only with other team members but also with Principal Investigators, epidemiologists, physicians, and project support staff. They will be expected to contribute to both the front-end and back-end development to create high-quality, user friendly applications.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who has the ability to plan and prioritize work and work independently. They should be comfortable making presentations to small groups.
- Build, maintain, and optimize PHP web applications
- Write clean, efficient, and well-commented code that is both reusable and scalable
- Translate requirements and designs to responsive functional web applications;
- Write unit tests to assist in quality assurance goals
- Assists with system and database administration responsibilities by developing both front-end and back-end applications to support survey research
- Provide assistance and training to system users; work with study teams to explain website skip patterns and data coding
- Develop, maintain, troubleshoot, and enhance existing Web surveys and back-end databases
- Collaborate in project scope; envisioning system features and functionality;
- Research new technologies and implementations.
Bachelor's degree OR equivalent experience with 2-4 years experience
1. Experience with PHP programming language
2. Experience with MySQL
4. Ability to write clear, concise copy
Due to federal contract restrictions, candidate must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
1. Experience with PHP Frameworks (CakePHP, Zend, Symfony, Yii, CodeIgniter, etc.)
2. Experience with software version control (git, svn, vcs, etc.)
3. Experience with administering Linux servers (RHEL/CentOS/Debian)
4. Experience with writing unit tests and quality assurance procedures
5. Understanding of usability and UX principles