Leidos is currently seeking a full-time Budget Analyst who will support the Deployment Health Research Program at the Naval Health Research Center in San Diego, CA. This position is responsible for analyzing current and past budgets, preparing and justifying budget requests, and allocating funds according to priorities of individual investigators and the overall department. The successful candidate will frequently perform tasks with minimal supervision, but will also work closely with the Department Head, Principal Investigators, and Fiscal Department staff.
This position requires the ability to make a multitude of complex decisions involving the correct and expeditious handling of federal funds. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, able to take initiative, and possess excellent communication skills.
- Support the development and execution of spending plans.
- Analyze spending patterns and make recommendations to department head and Principal Investigators (PIs).
- Provide technical assistance and support for the set-up, execution, monitoring, reporting, and analysis of appropriated funds.
- Provide expertise and advice on the allocation of funds to labor, travel, contracts, equipment, and other necessary project costs.
- Support the continuous review and reporting of status of funds.
- Analyze the status of funds and make adjustments to plans when necessary.
- Estimate future funding requirements.
- Coordinate with the command fiscal department in order to provide budget expertise and advice on future budget needs in compliance with government regulations.
- Examine project budget documents for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Work with the command fiscal department to reconcile financial discrepancies.
- Coordinate employee labor payments and corrections.
- Maintain budgets for individual projects and PIs.
- Advise PIs regarding project finances.
- Communicate with PIs regarding sponsors' financial benchmarks.
- Determine and coordinate the transfer of funds.
- Request the movement of funds on to contracts.
- Organize the distribution of shared departmental costs.
- Work with the command fiscal staff to reconcile financial discrepancies.
- Provide reports to the command fiscal staff and funding sponsors.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from the command fiscal department, PIs, and sponsors.
- Bachelor's degree in administrative, finance, or business
- A minimum of four years of budgetary experience with at least two years' experience in military or governmental budgeting
- Knowledge in government procurement.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Due to federal contract restrictions, candidate must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.