The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Technical Writer in Fort Gordon, GA.
The Technical Writer will perform a variety of writing, editing, and research duties in connection with the preparation of technical manuals and technical publications on the theory, installation, operation, and maintenance of a variety of complex electronics equipment or systems.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Write and edit technical manuals on the latest theories, developments, and concepts in the subject area. Provide training manuals and user guides for all audiences, including operators and maintenance technicians. Edit, validate, and incorporate newly developed training and technical manual material and red-line edits to update the latest operating procedures. Participate in the verification of new procedures at military installations and the Prime Contractors' facility. Support the management and placement of documentation on a military Web site.
Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience with technical writing for the Department of Defense.
• 5+ years of experience with military technical writing
• 5+ years of experience with training material verification and editing
• Knowledge of Army training and technical writing standards
• Knowledge of Mil-Std 40051, Mil-HDBK 1222
• Ability to maintain accurate technical publications
• Ability to manage multiple technical publications programs for complex systems
• Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
• Ability to show Microsoft Office expertise
• Ability to travel up to 25% - CONUS/OCONUS
• Flexibility and patience in order to work in a high demand/volume work environment with changing priorities
• Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team