Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Senior Network Data Analyst. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
Details of the Role:
The Senior Network Data Analyst provides technical support and direction for a team of Network Analysts. The Analyst will be responsible for collection, analysis, trending, proactive remediation measures to ensure continued operability and efficiency of the DISN.
• Actively monitor, track, analyze, and report availability and reliability performance data and statistics on circuits and/or network elements that fails to meet defined service levels
• Trend network data and develop event correlation procedures to identify recurring issues
• Perform examination of trouble tickets to identify positive and negative trends occurring in the network and develop courses of actions.
• Correlate large diverse data sets including tickets, alarms, probes, and other performance data to identify trends and relations.
• Performs fault isolation and degradation diagnostic/assessment functions to include route cause determination and suggestion of corrective action(s) on trending basis.
• Develops preventative measures, alarms, and dashboard capabilities based on historical data trends and identified root causes and signatures
• Develop processing techniques to integrate large data sets and develop corresponding reports
• Performs proactive monitoring of network elements metrics and alarms to identify those components /elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure, accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated monitoring tools.
• Coordinate with other contractor and government entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
Education and Experience Required:
• Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
• Advanced knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
• In depth technical understanding of network services and architecture
• Experience provisioning, configuring, or troubleshooting Optical, satellite, or other transport devices and associated technologies.
• Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or OSPF, Static routing.
• Knowledgeable on ports and protocols.
• Currently possesses an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
• Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security
• Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
• Experience with Splunk, CA Performance Management, CA eHealth
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools
• Experience with Cisco MSPP 15454/15310, Ciena Corestream and 6500, Sycamore ODXC 9k and 16k transport systems.
• Familiarity with IP (CISCO, JUNIPER, etc)
• Ability to innovate
• Understanding of Network Operations
• IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• IPV6 configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
External Referral Eligible