We are currently recruiting for a Stakeholder Communications Manager,based in Bristol. This is a new role, responsible for developing and co-ordinating the full range of communications activities with key stakeholders for Team Leidos. It will support the delivery of the organisation's communication strategy working closely with marketing and communications colleagues in Leidos UK.
Main purpose of the role
- To raise the profile of Team Leidos across stakeholder groups including media, marketing, political, customers, suppliers, our own workforce and local communities
- To develop and then oversee the delivery of the overall communications strategy.
- The Communications Manager will report to the Head of CRM
- The Communications Manager will have line management responsibility for two members of staff,
- Marketing & Media Communications - Leidos UK
- Internal Communications - Leidos UK
- Defence Parliamentary business - direct link into MOD
- Customers - LCS(T) Head of CRM
- Suppliers - Director Leidos Supply Limited
- LCS(T) community engagement manager
- LCS(T) senior leadership and department leads
Scope of the role
- To develop and execute stakeholder communication activities and key messages in line with existing strategies and plans
- Provide support to ensure there is a high level of engagement across Leidos UK, Team Leidos and its stakeholders
- Liaise with central communications staff at Leidos (both corporate and national levels) to ensure activities are aligned
- Develop and fully utilise marketing and communication channels to engage stakeholders
- Provide support and advice to relevant departments across Team Leidos to ensure the coherence of employee relations, public affairs and marketing
- Train and develop members of staff to give them the skills to perform (more) effectively and efficiently.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Educated to degree level and/or relevant skills and knowledge
- In depth knowledge and understanding of a stakeholder role in a communications department within either a charity, public sector organisation, regulatory environment or agency
- Knowledge of the relevant professional, regulatory and government structures and environments for the industry.
- Confident in explaining and promoting the priorities for Team Leidos to its stakeholders, including excellent presentation skills
- A high level of written English and oral communications skills, including a proven ability to work and communicate with all employees and external audiences, including at a senior management level
- Proof reading and attention to detail, including research, spelling and presentation
- Sound working knowledge of window based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail, and the internet
- Proven ability to delivering to a high standard, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly efficient and organised team player
- Strong planning and project management abilities to ensure communication and engagement with stakeholders is organised aligned to the business and its priorities.
- Member of a marketing or communication industry body e.g. Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR), or Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
- Experience of briefing and engaging stakeholders to support communication and engagement
- Knowledge and understanding of UK and European parliament and good working knowledge of all UK political parties, government, parliamentary institutions and processes
- Experience of working in the logistics, technology or defence industry.
- Your principal duties and key responsibilities will be those set out below. In addition to those duties, Team Leidos reserves the right to require you to undertake additional or other duties within your capacity and skill set
- Develop a communications plan and key messages for Team Leidos and sustain effective engagement with stakeholder audiences
- Develop opportunities to communicate Team Leidos' work to stakeholder audiences through all aspects of communications, including (but not limited to) meetings, events and conferences, publications, media and online channels
- Ensure all stakeholder activities are fully evaluated, support the overall communications strategy and reflect the key messages of Team Leidos
- Deliver a range of external talks and presentations about Team Leidos. Manage and support its events through attendance and chairing if required
- Develop and maintain mapping documents and contacts database showing organisation-wide work with key stakeholder groups
- Research and prepare appropriate briefing information for senior management in advance of stakeholder meetings, conferences and presentations
- Research and write speeches and presentations for senior management.
- Ensure all Parliamentary Business (PB) is completed within the timeframes as determined by the Authority providing the PB manager with support and guidance when needed.
- Provide cover to key activities including PB when team members are absent.
- Lead projects and activities where appropriate in relation to the fulfilment of the communications strategy and the organisation's business needs
- Contribute articles and other features to publications, media and web where appropriate, aligned to the communications strategy and in collaboration with Leidos UK marketing
- This post will require a certain level of travel