Leidos has a part-time opening for a Network Engineer in Laurel, MD.
This unique network engineering opportunity will allow you to participate on a high-visibility DoD/Intel program that provides IT support, systems integration and life cycle support, enterprise application development, network engineering, information systems security (ISS), and 24x7x365 multi-tiered support to mission-focused offices worldwide.
• Conduct complex network problem analysis.
• Resolve complex network and telecommunications problems.
• Research, recommend, and evaluate network performance, optimization, and security solutions.
• Provide communication/network system support at HQS and at various customer field sites to include installation/documentation of new communications/network and telephone equipment/systems.
• Provide life cycle support for fielded communication/network systems. - Type of Network/Telecommunication equipment supported; CISCO routers, switches, Teleconference VTC /VOIP systems, Nortel Telephone PBX and various General Dynamics encryptions to include the design and management of fiber and digital cable plant infrastructure.
• Manage daily division/Branch remedy ticket queue, assign remedy tickets according to tasking, mentor and assist junior Leidos team members, and attend Division meetings as necessary to represent the network branch providing up to date WAN status.
• Branch lead VTC and VoIP engineer, upgrades and installs customer VoIP and Video teleconference systems to include monitoring and scheduling VTC sessions.
• Program lead VoIP engineer for the Non-secure VoIP project - This is an on-going major high profile project to replace the HQS legacy Nortel PBX non-secure telephone system. Collaborates with customer Cisco support engineer and the Government lead engineer to document/design and coordinate the installation of a new non-secure VoIP system to begin last quarter of 2018. This new HQS phone system will take several months to configure, install and test before becoming operational.
• Program Lead Nortel Telephone engineer - Responsible for the Nortel 61C (CS-lOOO) HQS phone system to include overseeing upgrades and infrastructure changes.
• Work 3 eight hour day shifts per week (24 hours/week). Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required; 5 additional years of experience in Network Engineering disciplines may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• 10 years' experience as a Network Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
• Must possess an active CCNA certification (CCNA-Routing and Switching, Security, Video or Voice.)
• Must be able to routinely lift 35 lbs.
• You must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance to start the program.
*External Referral Eligible*