The Defense and Intelligence Division of Leidos is seeking a Principal Software Engineer with a TS/SCI Polygraph security clearance in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Looking for a challenging opportunity? Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
We are seeking a motivated Principal Software Engineer who will work on a suite of capabilities designed to help solve a variety of problems arising from various analysts' offices. The primary focus will be on prototype development. The candidate will work directly with customers to gather requirements and feedback. Additionally, the candidate must have demonstrated ability to independently work through complex solutions. The candidate needs to be flexible and will work in a dynamic environment on a variety of tasking.
Bachelor's Degree and 12-16 years of experience, additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- At least 12-16 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Must have experience with Python (preferably version 3 or later)
- NodeJS (nice to have)
- C/C++ (nice to have)
- Deep understanding of network design and networking protocol fundamentals is imperative
- Experience in web protocol analysis is a plus
- Virtualization technologies (e.g. Libvirt, QEMU/KVM, Virtualbox, VMWare)
- Docker development (platform to build, ship and run distributed applications)
- Understanding of common software development paradigms and design patterns (Object-Oriented, Procedural, Factories, Microservice, etc.)
- Understanding of concurrency and reentrancy in multithreaded/multiprocessing applications
- Experience developing RESTful web applications
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure development (Amazon Web Service)
- Mobile apps analysis experience is a plus