The Leidos Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR)/Mission Equipment Package (MEP) Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED) Division of the Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) has an opportunity for an Aeronautical Engineer with U.S. Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) engineering experience to provide technical input and problem solving for Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems (TUAS) and Gray Eagle Modeling, Navigation and Integration (GEMNI) programs. This position will be located in our Huntsville, Alabama offices.
Member of an Engineering Team supporting UAS systems that includes software, datalinks, avionics, payloads and a full spectrum of functional engineering activities including integration, testing, and process management. Engineering activities include requirements analysis, design, functional testing, and all associated documentation.
The candidate will take part in cross-functional activities to accomplish assigned tasks and will be responsible for leadership activities as required. Standard engineering methodologies, processes and tools will be used to accomplish problem solving, solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities. Functional areas including requirements analysis, implementation planning, and subcontractor coordination, integration & test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment will be required. The candidate will be required to interface with Government personnel to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues. Candidate selected is expected to travel up to 15%. Ability to obtain Secret clearance is required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as a main proponent to ensure successful systems engineering input to the US Army RQ-7Bv2 Shadow and US Army MQ-1C Gray Eagle programs.
- Experience in modeling and MATLAB relative to US Army UAS.
- Perform top level design tasks using systems engineering methodology to derive requirements and systems impacts.
- Create engineering document trees; identify engineering issues, develops solutions, and presents to leadership.
- Contribute to the development of new and expansion of existing business opportunities.
- Perform integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation of UAS engineering tasks.
- Develop and transform low/high-level design artifacts into functional systems design.
- Develop model-based system engineering products.
- Develop lower level requirements and test plans that validate customer driven requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain engineering documentation and diagrams.
- Coordinate and communicate with US Army UAS stakeholders, end users, and internal & external customer and leadership.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- Bachelor in Science in engineering and 2-4 years or prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a complex weapons system including technology processes and projects.
- Background in the UAS engineering or related engineering field, to include the ability to integrate, troubleshoot, and test hardware and software.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio).
- Demonstrate previous success working in a team based environment to meet objectives.
- Experience developing Systems requirements.
- Experience with IPTs or smaller task teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance within first 180 days of employment.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Masters in Science degree.
- Experience coordinating with Third-Party Hardware and Software Vendors for successful systems integration and testing.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities.
- Experience in the development of proposals and capture management.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines (Integration, Software, Aero, Avionics, etc.).
- Report and/or technical writing skills.
- Development Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities.
Referral Bonus Eligible