The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Cybersecurity Specialist at the Pentagon, National Capital Region.
Cyber Security Specialist in support of the AFNCR IT Services program at the National Military Command Center (NMCC). The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment. The Cyber Security Specialist will be responsible for maintaining computer and information security incident, damage and threat assessment programs.
- Investigate computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to information and automated information systems.
- Provide computer forensic and intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments.
- Research and maintain proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding, network security, and encryption.
- Perform accreditation roles for up to 30 NMCC Systems.
- Enter appropriate accreditation data into the proper tracking system and monitor systems to maintain Risk Management Framework compliance.
- Inform the government of the certification status for any new systems and support accreditation efforts by external agencies.
- Design, develop, or recommend integrated system solutions ensuring proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected.
- Participate with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs.
- Configure and validate secure systems, testing security products/ systems to detect computer and information security weakness.
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of related experience, training, and/or certifications accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Currently possess DoD IAT Level II certification, Security+ce or higher.
- Currently possess a DoD TS/SCI security clearance.