The Life Sciences Operation of the Health Group of Leidos is seeking a Biomedical Life Scientist who will provide scientific, technical, and administrative support to the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP). The CDMRP supports research projects within a broad range of medical research fields and military health. The Biomedical Life Scientist will work across several medical and/or military research programs in support of various clients at the CDMRP. This is NOT a laboratory research position. This position requires a U.S. citizen in order to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense security clearance. This position is located in Frederick, Maryland. Some local travel is required.
- Planning and execution of a variety of scientific meetings
- Development and tracking of schedules for tasks and deliverables
- Providing scientific and administrative notetaking support by recording critical information from scientific meetings and writing comprehensive meeting reports
- Drafting scientific materials, including research highlights, meeting summaries, and funding opportunities
- Conducting analyses of funding portfolio data and research outcomes and assembling data to prepare tables, graphs, and slides
Successful candidates will possess:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong scientific writing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using IT data management systems
A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in biology, life sciences, or a related discipline, with 1-2 years related experience is desired.