Leidos is looking for an intelligent, hardworking, high-energy and flexible Legal Administrative Assistant to assist lawyers, paralegals and professional staff in the Corporate Legal Department. The ideal candidate must be open to learning new skills and work well under pressure. In addition, this individual needs to be able to prioritize and exercise good judgment, initiative and discretion. Ability to communicate clearly and accurately is a must.
This position performs a wide range of administrative duties for the Corporate Legal department, supporting several attorneys/paralegals and professional staff, and will interact with all levels of executives, management, corporate and line organization staff, and outside counsel and third parties as necessary. The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact confidently and tactfully with senior management and staff.
The successful candidate is expected to work independently and within a team structure following defined Leidos policy and procedures. In addition, the candidate is expected to use his/her experience and good judgment to solve problems in a creative, proactive, and highly professional manner without a defined set of guidelines as uncommon factors and issues arise. Specifically, the candidate must be capable of completing assignments quickly and effectively using considerable initiative and discretion.
General tasks in addition to the above include: providing support for internal and external meetings; preparing and submitting expense reports; assisting with processing invoices from outside vendors, including law firms; answering, screening and forwarding telephone calls; drafting, sending and/or forwarding letters, memos and other correspondence; performing administrative aspects of regulatory compliance requirements; calendar and meeting scheduling; making travel arrangements; filing, photocopying, scanning and distributing mail; assisting in preparation for meetings; and other administrative duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in an administrative support role; prior experience working with attorneys in a corporate setting is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree is highly desired or equivalent experience along with high school diploma or equivalent. Some college or post-high school training is preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience with suite of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Comfort with and willingness to learn new software applications and tools.
• The ideal candidate must be open to learning new skills and work well under pressure. In addition, this individual needs to be able to prioritize and exercise good judgment, initiative and discretion.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate clearly and accurately both verbally and in writing is a must.
• Ability to consistently work effectively, efficiently and cooperatively with other corporate functions and departments, clients from line organizations, and external parties such as outside law firms is a must.
• Must appreciate the sensitivity of matters handled by the Leidos Legal Department and demonstrate discretion and confidentiality in the performance of his or her duties.
• Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and exhibit a high level of attention to detail and accuracy in all work. Must have a professional demeanor, be highly organized and work well in collaborative settings.