The Leidos Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) Portfolio has Biological Warfare Training Specialist position available. The opportunity for the Biological Training Specialist will provide technical support under the Leidos prime contract for delivering services and development efforts supporting the Research Development Engineering Command (RDECOM) Chemical and Biological Center. This position is located at Aberdeen Proving Ground - Edgewood Area, Maryland.
The Biological Training Specialist will support the Advanced Chemical, Biological, Radiological (CBR) Training Branch in designing, developing, and performing training activities for warfighters, other Government Agencies, and civilian personnel in areas of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), field identification and analysis protocols, conduct of operations and other areas unique to Biological WMD detection, identification, and countermeasures. The Specialist shall be responsible in working with both Federal Government staff / officials and other Leidos support personnel in planning, executing, and completing field activities associated with WMD and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive (CBRNE) training, demonstration, field exercises, table top exercises and other duties as assigned by the Government Project Team Lead. Individual shall assist the Government team in the ability to simulate biological weapon material production, train others in the identification of laboratory materials and processes used to manufacture biological weapon materials to include specific material identification.
- Assist Federal Agencies in training development and training execution of Biological oriented weapons of mass destruction.
- Lead a team of other WMD training specialist in training exercise development and execution.
- As necessary, identify unique laboratory materials that will require procurement and installation to simulate biological warfare material production capability
- Coordinate and communicate with industry professionals both CONUS and OCUNUS in training applications
- Prepare after action reviews and lessons learned from training events to ensure continuous process improvement is implemented in future training activities/excercises.
- Leads/supports Biological training events through the lifecycle - defining organizational tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP's); integration of TTP's with the training being offered; interfacing with CBRNE subject matter experts; building a rapport with the customer; partnering with Chief, Special Plans Office to develop business.
- Assists in special projects for classified customers, to include chemical and biological solutions as it relates to engineering, construction, response, training and application.
- Articulates and communicates to the team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and timeframes for completion.
- Master's Degree in Biology (Microbiology preferred) with 6-10 years' Biological Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) training experience or a Ph.D in Biology (Microbiology preferred) with 2+ years' Biological WMD training experience.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to design and build a simulated biological weapon production process
- Ability to detect, identify, and quantify biological materials
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Experience in setting up, operating, maintaining, and calibrating field analytical equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with government and contractor personnel
- Ability to coordinate team activities and offer expertise for the resolution of issues
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum of Secret Clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Ability to travel 20-25 percent of the time.
- Military Experience, Civil Support Team experience and/or Military Occupation Specialty preferred.
- Experience in working with Gov't and civilian agencies.