No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Healthcare Course Lead Instructor assists the Leidos Course Management Team with planning, coordinating, implementing, managing, and delivering training programs in accordance with the Performance Work Statement (PWS) requirements. The Course Lead Instructor will deliver disaster preparedness and response training to professional audiences through lecture, facilitation, and hands-on exercises in resident and non-resident training locations. Instruction focuses on catastrophic events that result in mass casualty incidents and preparedness and response planning.
The Course Lead Instructor is expected to maintain a knowledge base as a subject matter expert in the assigned course content. The Course Lead Instructor is also expected to actively seek and participate in cross-training opportunities as well as present current incidents in evening lecture(s) to maximize instructor resources and the overall training experience for student responders. The Lead Instructors are expected to travel in support of position requirements and perform other training duties as assigned.
The Course Lead Instructor may be required to deploy in support the CDP Expeditionary Training mission. When deployed, the Course Lead Instructors will serve as the on-site Leidos Manager for training delivery and coordinate contractual delivery requirements with the on-site Senior FEMA representative, as required.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise for course development and delivery
• Perform Lead Instructor duties and ensure accomplishment of all training objective for assigned courses.
• Meet and maintain basic CDP instructor certification requirements
• Assist with scheduling of instructors for all programs offered at or by the CDP.
• Disseminate information to instructors regarding curriculum changes, upgrades, and venue enhancements that are designed to raise knowledge and skill levels.
• Coordinate training schedules with Course Management and scheduling personnel.
• Evaluate and coordinate in-service training and assist designated instructors.
• Maintain and manage files and documents related to requirements of the PWS.
• Assists with the review of curriculum to ensure consistency with National Standards and acceptable guidelines.
• Monitor daily attendance of instructors and students attending training classes.
• Ensure that instructors identified with specific deficiencies receive additional training addressing identified deficiencies.
• Assure that necessary documentation / training of new instructors is attained prior to assignment.
• Receive training to increase knowledge and skills as a training coordinator and subject matter expert (SME) instructor.
• Assist with new instructor recruitment programs and orientation programs. Develop, maintain, and enforce safety requirements
• Monitor, evaluate, and recommend corrections for dangerous conditions that are observed or occur in the classroom and training sites.
• Deliver disaster preparedness and response training to professional audiences through lecture and hands-on exercises
• Serve as Leidos on-site training delivery manager during expeditionary training deliveries.
• Evaluate and manager the course qualifications for instructional cadre
List the "must have" MINIMUM requirements to be considered for the position and ensure minimum quals fall within the minimum Leidos job code requirements. Example: Bachelors' Degree with 6 years' of applicable experience or 4 additional years' of experience in lieu of degree. Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance. Must have 2+ years JAVA experience.
• Requires BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• The ideal candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of applicable experience or 5 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
• Must possess instructor teaching certification, post-secondary teaching experience, or teaching degree and 10+ years of experience
• Must have 3 years of current teaching experience
• Must have all-hazards experience with man-made, natural disasters, weapons of mass destruction (WMD), or civil disturbance events
• Must have completed ICS 100/200/700/800
• Must have working knowledge of federal response, NIMS, and ICS
• Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship required.
• All applicants must have the accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
List additional skills and experience that is "nice to have" but not required.
• Master's degree in related response field
• Professional certification or license in a response field
• Previous experience managing adult-level training delivery program