The Special Projects Division (SPD) of Leidos has a career opening for a Production Coordinator Lead located in Bridgewater, VA. The job of the Production Coordinator Lead is to lead the liaison effort between Leidos Engineering and production/manufacturing teams, including subcontractors, for aircraft modifications. The candidate will report directly to the SPD Production Engineering Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supporting Leidos Engineering the Production Coordinator Lead's duties includes, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage tasking amongst production coordinators. Tasks include, creating, tracking, modifying and closing work orders for aircraft modifications and maintenance.
- Manage 2-6 direct reports: production coordinators
- Manage relationships with existing subcontractors and vet/establish new subcontractors.
- Support SPD program schedule reviews.
- Compile program schedule milestones to develop and maintain SPD major milestone schedules.
- Working with the Production Engineering Manager assign issues/CM documentation tasks to teammates.
- Supporting manufacturing and quality working groups including subcontractors to resolve issues, complete production tasks, and maintain project schedules
- Follow Leidos configuration management processes and procedures.
- Provide project management support by attending meetings, reviewing project schedules, and reviewing tasking priorities
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously utilizing sound production coordination principles to prioritize work to meet performance, schedule, and quality objectives
Qualifications: To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, or Technical Field.
- In lieu of Bachelor's Degree a combination of professional, military experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience with direct reports and 5 years' experience in one or more of the following:
- Production Coordination
- Project Management
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong manufacturing process knowledge
- Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and peers
- Strong multitasking and time management skills
- Ability to review manufacturing issues and relay to the appropriate information to functional leads
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering drawings, aircraft manuals, planning documents, safety procedures, and statements of work
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required (particularly Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint). MS SharePoint experience preferred but not required
- MS Projects experience or similar project scheduling software.
- Strong computer skills including data entry
- Eligible to obtain minimum of Secret clearance
- ISO9001, AS9100, Six Sigma or, similar quality management system experience
- MS Project management certification
- Knowledgeable on aircraft manufacturing/maintenance
- Experience with manufacturing for Department of Defense customers
- Active Secret clearance